Handmade with Love

02 April 2021

Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend - La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca

 

I mean come on...how utterly fabulous and glamorous is Marilyn from the new release over at La Casetta Sull'albero!  I am absolutely head over heels in love with this girl!  And since diamonds are a girls best friend after all she needed lots of of sparkle...in this case it's black diamonds.

 

For this card I used the the new release Marilyn digital image from La Casetta Sull'albero ....did I mention how much I love this!  My card was pretty simple to make...all I needed was a fabulous image, some glitter, a diecut background, my sentiment and a few more bits of sparkle.  
To start I printed out the pre-coloured image and cut her out using my Scan N' Cut.  For my background I wanted it to sparkle, so I used a piece of silver metallic cardstock from Neenah and diecut that using the Triangle Pattern cover die from Simon Says Stamp.  I layered that over a piece of black glitter paper from American Crafts and it ended up being the perfect amount of sparkle!
 
I layered Marilyn over a diecut circle of heavy weight vellum, which separates her just enough from the background.  To complete my card, I adhered the 2 background pieces with a liquid adhesive and popped up the image and the sentiment using some dimensional foam dots.  For the sentiment of course she needed a classic Marilyn quote and what is more classic than Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend.....it's perfect! All that was left was to add a bit more sparkle with some clear sparkling sequins and it's done!

I absolutely love how glamorous this card is and how simple and quick it was to come together....so easy to accomplish with the pre-coloured images.  The hardest part was trying to chose a saying and a font. I hope you have enjoyed my card for today.  

I hope that you will head on over to their Etsy shop and check all the cute digi's they have! Thank you very much for spending some time with me.  I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments and don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out on anything.

               I hope you all have a wonderful day and create some magic!
            Thank you and until next time, Michelle 💗

Supplies used:
  • Marilyn digital image - La Casetta Sull'albero
  • Silhouette Studio
  • Canon Pixma printer
  • Brother Scan N' Cut
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb paper
  • Neenah Metallic paper
  • American Crafts glitter paper
  • Heavyweight vellum
  • Simon Says Stamp Triangle Pattern cover die
  • Little B Circle dies
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins
  • black card base
  • Stampin Up! foam dimensionals
  • Tombow Multi Mono Liquid glue


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature