Handmade with Love

13 April 2021

Spotlight on Cosmos - Maker Forte

 

 

Hello friends! I'm sharing 2 cards made with the Calming Cosmos stamp set from the April release from Maker Forte. This stamp set is designed by Alex Syberia in collaboration with Maker Forte. If you’re not familiar with Alex Syberia, she designs the most beautiful floral images and this absolutely does not disappoint! It has 2 bigger floral images as well as 2 smaller ones and some beautiful sentiments to match. I also paired them with the A2 Spotlight Oval Stencil and the All Seasons Sentiments 6×6 paper pack

 The Oval Spotlight Stencil has been one of my go to products as of late. It makes masking off an area so quick and easy and there is no guessing as to whether it will be perfectly centered either. To start I cut 2 pieces of cardtstock to 4.50″x5.75″ to fit the stencil perfectly. By starting with your cardstock that size you can be assured that it is all centered exactly. For the ink blending I used Distress Oxide Inks – one of them I used Black Soot and the other Tattered Rose and Kitsch Flamingo. The second combo makes for such a pretty blend!

Next I stamped the images using the Color Hive reMARKable Eclipse Black Ink Pad. This is a nice intense black and gives you nice and crisp images and then I added some colour to them using Copic markers and then cut them out with my Scan N Cut.  I cut 2 sentiments from the All Seasons Sentiments 6×6 paper pack. Each of the papers in this pack come in both black and white versions and they are perfect for foiling. I added a bit gold foil to each of them, trimmed them down and set them to the side.

For the ink splatters, I placed the oval stencil back on each of my ink blended panels, as I only wanted to have them on the oval so that the outer area would remain nice and white and added some splatters in white, black and gold. I realized after the fact, that I got a bit of the black splatters on my foiled sentiment strips…oopsie.

I trimmed each of inked panels down to 3.75×5″ and popped it up on my cardbase using some foam tape. I also popped up my sentiments as well as the flowers. To finish them off I added a few clear sequins to each for some sparkle and that’s it! The Spotlight Stencil is definitely something that I have been and will continue to turn to often. It is so easy and very handy to use! Oh and Maker Forte will be coming out with new ones each month…I know what will be going in my shopping cart! I absolutely love how these cards turned….they have a wee bit of elegance to them, don’t you think! I’d love to hear which one is your fave…I know which one mine is.

Thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me.  Thank you again and I hope you are all staying safe and have the most wonderful and crafty day!

Michelle 💗 


Supplies Used:

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature