Handmade with Love

11 July 2020

You're my favourite person

You are definitely one of my favourite people if you get this card! I'm back with another card similar to yesterdays, but different. And I'm also linking this up to the card challenge over at Papercraft Challenges.



 

So I had in my mind to use the same cube die cover as yesterday and make it a rainbow card but much different from the pastel rainbow. Well I have never die cut so much for one card before! I started out by die cutting the same base layer in white and added fun foam to the back of it covered in adhesive to make it easier to add the different colours. I kind of choose at random a bunch different coloured cardstock...looking back I would have chosen the colours better so they would flow a bit nicer, instead of just choosing at random. After I had my colours I diecut a cover for each colour.....yup I did about 10 of them initially and then cut out even more. It was like a puzzle trying to find the little pieces that fit at the top and bottom of it! But I eventually got them all cut out and in their proper spots...I think!

I then added a sentiment from a the Shiny Happy Sentiments stamp set from lil' Inker Designs and heat embossed it on vellum in white. I didn't want to do a colour for the heat embossing that would take away from the rest of it, so I thought white was perfect and kept the crispness of it. I folded the vellum band around the back of it and secured it to the back and then adhered it to my card base. All that was left was a few of my fave sequins and that's it!

 
Bright, cheerful and the perfect card for my favourite person! Going forward next time, I will definitely do it a bit different, but am quite happy with my labour of love for today....lol
 
Again I'm linking this up to the geometric challenge over at Papercraft Challenges. Head on over and check out the many fabulous entries! Thank you for stopping by again and I'd love to hear what you think down below! Have yourself a wonderful day!



Supplies Used:

  • Altenew Cube Cover die
  • lil' Inker Designs Shiny Happy Sentiments stamp set
  • Pretty Pink Posh crystal clear sequins
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • VersaMark Watermark stamp pad
  • Stampendous detail white embossing powder
  • Stampin' Up! heat embossing gun
  • various coloured cardstock
  • Sookwang double sided tape
  • vellum
  • white fun foam







2 comments on "You're my favourite person"
  1. It´s great! Love the colors and the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Definitely hope to join in some more!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature