Handmade with Love

29 July 2020

Juste Pour Toi - Alcohol Inks

I had a bit of a play today with my alcohol inks and alcohol lift ink and just kind of went spur of the moment. Have you ventured into the world of alcohol inks and seen how amazing and magical they can be?



I only used 2 colours for this...black and stream...stream is a gorgeous blue! You can get some beautiful colour variations from just 2 inks...heck, even with just 1 ink you'll be amazed! I also got out some 96% rubbing alcohol, a bit of blender solution and my alcohol lift ink pad. Once I was happy with how the alcohol inks were, I inked up my Hypnotize stamp from Create A Smile stamps. Fun fact....I've never used this stamp before. Not sure why, as it's pretty cool, but it will definitely see the daylight again very soon. I inked up my stamp 2x using the Alcohol Lift Ink from Ranger. This is a special clear ink that like its name suggests, will lift off the alcohol ink from your inked panel and leave the impression of the stamp. This ink is a bit finicky I think and I will need to play around with it a bit more. I stamped it twice, as the first time it didn't lift all that much. I used my Misti stamp positioner for this just in case, so I could get it perfectly stamped both times. 
 

I wasn't sure what else to add to it, as I didn't want to take away from the background. So I stamped out a simple sentiment from Altenew. I really like the imperfect look of it...goes well with my background. I trimmed down the panel a bit, popped it up using foam tape and added foam adhesive to the sentiment as well. That's it.....super simple but super cool!

This is not my usual style, but I really like the grungy kind of cool look to it! It's kind of like you're looking into a well or even the ripples of water after you throw a coin or some rocks into the water. I'm sure there are many other things you could take from it as well. I do think that alcohol inks are a must have and will be for the most part, my go to for masculine cards.

I'd love to hear what you think down below in the comments! Have you used alcohol inks before? As always, thank you very much for taking the time to stop by and spend a few crafty minutes with me. Have yourself a wonderfully crafty day and until next time. Michelle :)


Supplies used:

  • Ranger /Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks - Pitch Black and Stream
  • Ranger /Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift-Ink
  • 96% alcohol
  • Yupo paper
  • Create A Smile Hypnotize stamp
  • Altenew label Love French stamp
  • black cardstock
  • white card base
  • 3M foam tape


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature