Handmade with Love

09 July 2020

Pastel Hello

Hello and welcome back! Today I have a pretty pastel rainbow card to share! I've decided to play along with a few challenges today. Just Us Girls, Melissa's Fab Friday Feature, bastel-traum , Country View Challenges and Papercraft Challenges

 
For this card I got out some of my distress oxide inks and started blending a pastel rainbow, in no particular order, on a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock using my blending brushes. I love how some of the inks blended together to make new colours! I tell ya....I don't think I'll ever go back to using my old blending tools again, now that I've been spoiled with these brushes! I then used my Cube Cover die from Altenew to diecut a second piece of white cardstock. For the hello, I ink blended the same colours and then diecut the hello a total of 5 times, including the inked one, to prop it up and give it some dimension. I then lightly blended 2 of the same colours for the ice cream cone, cut it out, added some shimmer and some shine using my glossy accents. I know realize that I should have gone a bit stronger with those on the ice cream, as they soften out a bit. The sentiment came from the same Altenew stamp set as the ice cream cone. 
 
 
To finish it off I sprinkled some sequins that matched the colours perfectly! And that's it! A perfect pastel rainbow card! Isn't it just the sweetest! I have the perfect little girl in mind that would love this!

Why not go and check out the following challenges to see some amazing creations: Just Us Girls Challenge #543 where the challenge is rainbows, Melissa's Fab Friday Feature where the challenge is to create a Hello project, bastel-traum and their challenge this time is summer, Papercraft Challenge and their Geometric challenge and then finally Country View Challenges where this month it is Do What Makes You Happy. I must say making this definitely made me happy and well, card making in general does :).
 
Thank you again for taking the time to stop by and I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments. Have yourself a wonderful day!



Supplies Used:

Altenew Cube Cover Die Altenew Way Too Sweet stamp set Winnie & Walter In A Word: Hello Cutaway dies Ranger Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade Lawn Fawn Black Licorice dye ink pad Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock Nuvo Shimmer pen Ranger Glossy Accents Pretty Pink Posh sequins (sorry I don't know the names of them now) Dimensional foam tape
4 comments on "Pastel Hello"
  1. Hey there!
    Thanks so much for joining our Papercraft-Challenge, make sure to come back soon and play along with our new challenge aswell =)
    I’d be super excited if you come say hi on my blog aswell!
    little-crafts.com
    Hugs, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I sure will come and play again! I'm horrible at remembering to check the new challenges. Will do that today and popping by now :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what for a wonderful summer themed card. Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Ute
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature