Handmade with Love

22 July 2020

CAS -Clean and Simple

Sometimes a clean and simple card is just what you need. And this is exactly what I had in mind when I saw this stencil from Altenew. This card also has no stamping on it AT ALL and uses very little supplies!

I got out my stencil and adhered it to my trimmed card base on the back and spread my opaque matte texture paste over top until I had a nice and smooth application. I really tried to take my time with it this time and apply a small amount at a time...I think that's the key to using texture/embossing paste. While I set that aside to dry, which took maybe 1 hour, I printed out the sentiment on my printer so I could foil it. Printing out sentiments on your computer really opens it up to anything you want. Do you want to express something, but you don't have the right stamp for it? Use your computer and printer!


In order to hot foil images or sentiments printed out using your computer, you need to have a toner printer. It is the toner ink that the foil needs to stick to once run through your Minc machine or laminator. So I picked a nice font, printed it out and them trimmed it down so I don't waste too much foil. I then ran it through my Minc machine and that's when the magic happens...when you peel off that foil from the sentiment, it makes you (or at least me) all giddy! It is the most beautiful thing! It's like a fancy card you'd find in a boutique store. Another way to apply foil without any heat is by using adhesive. This is how I did the little bit of gold below the sentiment....I applied a strip of very thin double sided adhesive to a piece of cardstock and added the same gold foil on top that was used for the sentiment. Make sure you apply some good pressure to it so that it is adhered nicely and then peel it back an admire how pretty it is! I like how it kind of has a more distressed look to it, when applied to the tape. It's the perfect little touch to help the sentiment pop out a bit. I then added a few sequins as usual, but they also to help to tie in the gold a bit more. And that's it...a beautiful CAS card. Although it has a pattern on it, there is still plenty of white space, which is the main idea behind clean and simple cards.

Foiling can be so hard to see in a photo and to show just how beautiful it is. If you haven't tried it yet, you definitely need to.....no matter which method you use. It''s a great tool to have in your card making toolbox. It really makes your cards look like you'd find in the cute little boutique shops and makes them seem a bit more "expensive".

Thank you for stopping by today. I'd love to hear what you think down below in the comments. I hope you have a wonderful day and till next time :)


Supplies Used:

  • Altenew Spring Garden stencil
  • Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Toner ink printer
  • gold Therm O Web Deco Foil
  • Minc Machine
  • Gold sequins
  • 1/8' double sided tape
  • 3M double sided foam tape
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive
  • misc. white card base




2 comments on "CAS -Clean and Simple"
  1. Clean + simple = elegant. I love this card Michi, it proves that you don’t have to go crazy to create an eye catching card. You have also got me thinking about foiling. As usual I am a crafter that has purchased these items and are yet to use them! ❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) Foiling just takes it up a notch and adds so much to it...definitely gives it more of a professional and dare I say more expensive look! You definitely need to get out your foils and use them!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature