Handmade with Love

30 July 2020

Peace On Earth

I made several alcohol inked backgrounds yesterday and decided to turn one into a Christmas card. The tones on this one turned out beautiful! Not your typical Christmas colours, but so rich and elegant looking! I am also linking this card to Anything Goes Challenge over at the bastel-traum blog. 

 I used 3 different shades of blue inks, a purple and of course my 96% alcohol for this. I just started adding the inks and continued until I got a beautiful blend that I was happy with. I added some gold foil to it while parts of it were almost dry but still tacky.....because gold! I then did some embossing over it using a beautiful snowflake background stamp from Hero Arts and some Ranger gold embossing powder. When heat embossing on paper like Yupo, because it is a synthetic paper and has a plastic finish to it, you need to be careful and keep your heat tool moving constantly, as it will warp from the heat....that's inevitable. But with a little tape it'll all straighten out in the end. And also the heat will also cause the foil to bubble up and doesn't have that smooth look to it after, in case you want to try this.



 
I added a sentiment from the stamp set Peace On Earth from Simon Says Stamp and embossed it using the same gold powder on some black card stock. To tie in the gold, I backed the sentiment and inked panel using some gold cardstock from Stampin' Up that I've had for a few years now. All that was left was to add it to my blue card base from Avery Elle and call it a day.

I love how this came together...such a rich and elegant Christmas card! And with that I have 2 Christmas cards done for this year lol. It's not your traditional colours for that time of year, but it's gorgeous! I really hope you love it as much as I do.


I am also linking this to the monthly challenge over at bastel-traum blog, where the theme right now is Anything Goes. I think that this fits the challenge perfectly! This is a great little shop that I tend to frequent here. Go on over and check all the fabulous entries!


Thank you so very much for stopping by my little blog today and until next time.....have yourself a wonderful day! Michelle :)


Supplies Used:

  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks - Turquoise, Stream and Pool
  • Jacquard Pinata Alcohol Ink - Passion Purple
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution
  • 96% alcohol
  • Yupo paper
  • Ranger Fine Detail Gold embossing powder
  • Versamark Watermark stamp pad
  • Stampin' Up heat tool
  • Hero Arts Hand Drawn Snowflakes Bold Prints stamp
  • Simon Says Stamp Peace On Earth stamp set
  • Stampin' Up gold cardstock
  • black cardstock
  • Avery Elle The Caribbean Collection A2 Folded Cards - sapphire


6 comments on "Peace On Earth"
  1. Such a lovely card !!Thanks for joining us at Bastel Traum Anything Goes challenge.

    DT Anushree
    http://anushreevaish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I definitely need to play along some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enchanting creation and great layout! Love it, the colours are amazing and the combination with the gold, perfect! Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Claudia
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. what for a wonderful color choice. Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Ute
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you 🙏 It's a beautiful colour palette!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature