Handmade with Love

31 May 2023

Hippie Chick

 

Hey friends...I`m very happy to be back sharing another project using some amazing products from Visible Image.  For my project today, I used the absolutely gorgeous Hippie Chick Stamp Set from the new Summer Release...isn`t she just stunning!!?!!  Let`s get started, shall we!

To begin I grabbed the Words of Support stencil.  I thought that this would make a great background for her...words of support and affirmation.  I did some ink blending on a piece of watercolour paper using 2 distress inks .....Vintage Photo and Tea Dye.  After the initial ink blending I changed the orientation of it, as I preferred it horizontally.

Next I spritzed on some water, to kind of fade and blur the words abit, to add a little texture/a halo to them and allowed that to dry.


I then stamped the image from the Hippie Chick Stamp Set  to the right side of the cardstock using  black archival ink, as it stamps nice and black and is waterproof.  I started to colour the image using Karin Brush Markers.  I used them to colour the flower wreath and her eyes and lips.  For her hair and face, I used distress re-inkers in Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose.  This is the first time I`ve used the re-inkers to colour an image and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  The colour goes on so smoothly and blends beautifully!  I definitely need to to get more of them!


Once that was all dry, I placed the stencil back over the background stencilled words and went over it with some clear texture paste.  As I didn`t clean the ink off of the stencil when I did the ink blending at first, the texture paste picked up the leftover ink and tinted the paste.  I forgot about the ink on the stencil and didn`t plan on this, as I wanted the texture paste to be clear, but I really quite like the finished effect.  I tried not to go over her face too much with the texture paste, as I didn`t want it to detract too much from her.


I added some glossy accents to her glasses, because well they are glasses and it really finished it off.   I trimmed down the panel and added it to my ivory cardbase.  I decided not to add a sentiment to it, as I feel the Words of Support stencil added all that was needed.


I absolutely love how this turned out!  Hippie Chick is truly a gorgeous image....so many possibilities with her and I can`t wait to play more with her!  Be sure to check out the rest of the release if you haven`t yet.  
Thank you so much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me.  I hope that I have helped to inspire you today to sit down and get creative!

I wish you the most wonderful and creative day!  Until next time,






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature