Handmade with Love

16 June 2023

Happy Birthday

 

Hi friends and welcome back!  Today I am sharing a fun and colourful card using more fabulous goodies from Visible Image!  I paired one of the stamp sets from their latest release Birthday Wishes Stamp Set with the Blow Out the Candles Stamp Set.  These two sets are really perfect together!


I started by doing some ink smooshing on a piece of water colour paper.  I find it easier to use a piece of acetate to do this, as you can strategically place the ink exactly where you want...and it`s easy clean up too!  I used distress Oxide inks for this as you can layer the colours nicely.  I made sure that each layer was dry before adding the next colour.  

I layered one colour on top of another.....yellow, blue, pink and a lime green colour (although it looked more yellow).  I wasn`t sure if  I added too many colours at this point, but decided to keep going with it.

I then stamped the cake image from the Blow Out the Candles stamp set using Black Archival Ink and proceeded to add some colour using my Karin Brush Markers.  Although the ink smooshing did add colour to the image, I wanted it to be more solid.  I added 2 layers of colour, as the first time it wasn`t bold enough.

Next I took the small star collage image stamp from the Birthday Celebrations Stamp Set and added it a few times to the edge on opposite corners of the cardstock and then the sentiment under the cake.  I used the same black ink as the cake image to keep it cohesive.  To add the final touch, I added some black splatters over the image.

To complete it, I traced along the edge of the cardstock using a black sharpie to add a small black border and then added it to my cardbase.

This was lots of fun to make doing the ink smooshing!  It is such a fun and easy technique when you want to incorporate lots of colour.  I hope that you have enjoyed my post for today and that it helps to inspire you in some way.

Thank you so very much for stopping by and I hope you have the most wonderful and creative day!  Until next time,





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature