Handmade with Love

03 May 2023

Cocktail Hour

 

Hello friends...I`m excited to be back sharing another project sharing one of the newer stamp sets Cocktails and Dreams from Visible Image.  You can click here to take you to their website.  This is such a great stamp set, that is filled with all you need to make a fabulous cocktail or 2!  And it fits in perfectly with the rest of their adult beverage stamp sets.


To begin I cut a piece of cardstock to 4.25x5.5 and stamped all of the smaller images in the stamp set to make the background.  I added a piece of paper underneath it to catch any of the stamping that went off the page.  That way I didn`t get black ink all over my work surface.  Looking back at it now I should have added the images a bit closer together so they weren`t so far spaced apart and I would`ve been able to fit more on the background, but it works.  


Next I taped the cardstock down using a low tack painters tape, so as to try and minimize any paper tearing once the tape was removed.  I tried to have an even border all around placing the tape at 3/4 of an inch on all 4 sides.  I then coloured all of the unmasked images using alcohol markers.  Some of the red that was touching the masking tape did bleed abit under the tape, but red is always a bit finicky.  I wasn`t too bothered by that.

Without removing the tape and once I had all of my images coloured I did some simple ink blending using Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink.  I removed the tape gently ever so gently.  I love the soft kind of retro look the ink blending gives to the coloured images.  

Next I took my t-ruler and added a black border along the ink blending.  This helps it pop up a bit and gives it kind of a 3D dimension to it.  I stamped out the hurricane glass and drink umbrella images and gave it some colour using alcohol markers and cut it out using the coordinating dies.  To finish that I add some glossy accents to give the glass and beverage a shine.  


The sentiment was heat embossed in black on vellum.  The main cardstock panel was trimmed down to 4x5 inches and the vellum sentiment was added to that piece and wrapped around the edges and adhered on the back using some tape.  It was then all added to the cardbase using some craft foam. oidjvopkdsvpoksgvs

I hope you have enjoyed my post for today.  I had lots of fun playing around with these smaller images.  Don`t be afraid to use those smaller images in stamp sets.....they definitely need love too!  I hope that I have helped to inspire you today to find a few minutes to sit down and make something amazing!  Thank you so very much for stopping by today and I wish you all the most wonderful and creative day.  Until next time,



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature