Handmade with Love

17 May 2023

Grungy Sunflower

 

Hi friends.....I`m excited to be back sharing a new project made using more fabulous goodies from Visible Image and their new Summer Release.  I used a few products but the main feature is this gorgeous grungy looking sunflower from the Sunflower Grunge Stamp Set!  Tbh....when I first started this project all I knew was what stamps I wanted to use and I really had no other plan in mind.  I just kind of went with the flow lol.

 


To begin I stamped the inky script image from the Scripted Streets Stamp Set randomly.  I didn`t add it to a stamp block as I wanted only small sections of it, so I just held it in my hand and added it to the watercolour paper.  Next I used several different colours of distress ink and started ink blending.  I didn`t want an even all over coverage, so I concentrated on the outside of it and left some parts of it without ink.


Then I went in with the Distressed Brick Stencil and did more ink blending using the same colours as before, but I also added a bit of a dark blue for some depth.  I didn`t plan it at all, but the open spots on the stencil just happened to be exactly where the script stamp was added randomly.  


I added the image next.  I had initially just stamped it using black ink, but it wasn`t bold enough and it didn`t stand out from the background at all.  So I decided to heat emboss it.  I was glad that I had used a stamp positioner for this and hadn`t removed the stamp from it yet, therefore I was able to stamp it again in the exact same spot without any double stamping.  I used black Versafine ink for this and added clear embossing powder.


Next I added some colour using my Karin markers.  I`ve had these markers for over a year now and this is the first time I`ve used them.  I really like how easily they blend together. I definitely need to use them some more.  I used several different colours, incl a bit of blue and purple on the leaves.  I kind of did a loose colouring of the flower image, as I didn`t want it too tidy and clean.


To finish it off, I did some more ink blending around the edges of the trimmed down cardstock.  I started using a foam ink blending tool but that was too light and subtle, so I went direct ink pad to paper, using browns and a dark blue.  I added the sentiment using the same heat embossing and then added it to my ivory cardbase using some foam tape to pop it up.

I didn`t have any idea going into this but I love the outcome of it!  If you haven`t seen the rest of the new summer release from Visible Image yet, be sure to run right over and check it out....it`s pretty awesome!  

I hope that you have enjoyed my post for today and that it helps to inspire you in some way.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all the most wonderful and crafty day!  Until next time,



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature