Handmade with Love

02 November 2022

Hang in There - Visible Image

 

Hang in there....only a few more days till the weekend lol.  Hey friends...I`m back with a new post featuring Visible Image products.  This time I am going to bold with the colours, to feature this gorgeous chandelier from the Hang in There Stamp Set.  


To start I blended 3 circles using the large circle from the Bubbles & Fizz Stencil, using 3 different colours of Distress Inks.  I tried to stay more with an Autumnal colour palette in shades of yellow, green and blue.  I used a piece of mixed media cardstock for this, as I always find inks blend best on either MM paper or watercolour paper.  I made sure to completely cover all other areas of my paper when I was doing the ink blending, so as not to get other colours where they were not wanted and also to keep the bold and clean look of it.


Next I stamped this gorgeous chandelier image using black ink, I had to stamp it a few times, as the paper had a wee bit of texture to it, so I wanted to make sure to get a nice and crisp stamped image.  This is where a stamp positioning tool comes in handy, as you can stamp multiple times in the same spot to ensure crisp and clean images.


Next I added a few of the smaller layering images in the stamp set in the opposite corners for some fun little details.  Although it is hard to see here, I went in with a yellow marker and added a little bit of colour to each lightbulb in the chandelier.  It is quite subtle but it is easier to see and more evident in person.  I added the glimmer stamp (I`m sure that is not what you would call it lol) to the one bulb over the yellow ink blending using a gold pigment ink to help it shine.


Next I adhered my panel to the front of my stamp positioning tool, as it has a grid pattern (this will help to ensure the lines are even on either side) and added a partial border using a t-ruler and a fine tip black pen.  I stopped where each of the small groupings of circle images begin.  This partial border adds a little extra interest to it and helps to frame the main chandelier image.


One last little detail was added using some glossy accents to the light bulbs to help to give them that shiny bulb like look to them.  The sentiment was added and it was then adhered to an A2 cardbase using some craft foam for a bit of dimension.


I love the bold and crisp look of this with the large ink blended circles!  And this chandelier....how utterly gorgeous is she?!!  She has a beautiful gothic feel to her and I am loving it!  The Hang in There Stamp Set is from their latest release.


I hope that you have enjoyed my project for today.  Thank you so very much for stopping by and I hope you have the most wonderful crafty day!  Thank you and until next time,



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature