Happy Christmas

Hey friends...I`m back with a vintage inspired Christmas card featuring Visible Image.  For my project today I have used the gorgeous Christmas Robin Stamp Set as my main focus.  This card went all sorts of different ways until I arrived at what you see, but what creative process always goes as planned, right???



To begin I stamped the script image from the Distressed Christmas Stamp Set in the top and bottom opposite corners and then started to ink blend it using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, to kind of give it that old vintage feel.  I first went around all the edges and brought it into the middle of the paper a bit, but kept the main focus on the edges.  Next, I went direct ink pad to paper to highlight the edges even more and added a few swipe marks. 


 Next I added some Distress Crackle Paste to both areas where I added the script stamp, using the Renaissance Stencil. Prior to doing this I was really torn on this background...it almost went in the garbage a few times.  However, I think that the crackle paste adds the perfect touch and breaks up the "darkness" of the black just enough.  


While I waited for the crackle paste to dry, I stamped 3 of the holly and berry images from the Christmas Robin Stamp Set on a piece of vintage looking printed paper that is filled with a typewriter kind of script.  I coloured in the holly and berries very loosely using as I did not want them perfect looking, using some pigment powders.  


Once those were dry, which didn`t take long as it isn`t a watercolour paper so the colour and water soaked into it right way and dried fairly quickly, I added some glossy accents to the berries.  Again, I did this very loosely as I didn`t want full coverage on the berries.


To add a little more interest I stamped the clusters of dots from the same Christmas Robin Stamp Set to where the holly and berries would be.  I added them so they would be kind of poking out from underneath.


I added the white heat embossed sentiment (from the Poinsettia Grunge Stamp Set) and hand cut that out and added it to my card front as well as the trio of holly and berries.  That was then all added to a black card base and popped up for dimension. I love the non-traditional vintage feel of this and so happy that I arrived at this in the end.


This reminds me though that I really need to get started on my Christmas cards for this year lol.  Thank you so very much for stopping by today.  I hope that I have helped to inspire you in some way.  I wish you all the most wonderful and creative day.  Thank you again and until next time,



Supplies used:

*  Visible Image Christmas Robin Stamp Set
*  Visible Image Poinsettia Stamp Set
*  Visible Image Renaissance Stencil
*  Ranger Distress Crackle Paste
*  Ranger Distress Vintage Photo Ink Pad
*  white and black cardstock
*  plastic palette knife (for crackle paste)
*  various Lindys Gang Magical Pigment powders
*  designer printed paper
*  Ranger Archival Black Ink
*  acrylic stamping block
*  liquid adhesive and craft foam




No comments:

Post a Comment