Handmade with Love

27 July 2022

Always Be Creative - Visible Image

 

Hi friends.....today I am sharing a mixed media card using some of my favourite products from Visible Image.  For my card today I used the big and beautiful butterfly from Butterfly Effect, paired it with the Distress Brick Stencil and a few other faves.

I began by stamping out a few of the images from the Shape It Up and Transmission Glitch Stamp Sets on a piece of mixed media paper.  I would normally use watercolour paper as I'd be using water on this, but the mixed media works just as well. Just be sure not to add too much water and keep it as flat as you can.

Next I paced the Distress Brick Stencil over top and added some Distress Translucent Grit Paste and set that aside to dry.
 

Once the paste was dry, I stamped out the splatter image from the Bee Happy Stamp Set so that it was half on the dried paste and half on the cardstock.  Next I sprinkled on some pigment powders in shades of brown and teal and spritzed it with water.  It was then set aside to dry.  

Then I stamped and heat embossed 2 of the large butterfly images from the Butterfly Effect Stamp Set on vellum and cut them out.  The second one I only did half of of it as that was all I'd be using.  I stamped the images using a black pigment ink and used clear embossing powder.  This is to avoid any unwanted specks of black embossing powder.  I also heat embossed the small butterfly image in the stamp set 2x.  They were all then fussy cut out.

I cut down the panel to 3.5"x4.75" and adhered it to my cardbase using a liquid adhesive.  To add a border I used a T-Ruler and added lines overlapping from one edge to another using a black fine liner pen directly on the cardbase.

I stamped the sentiment from the Affirmations Stamp Set, trimmed it down and added it to my cardstock.  To finish it I add the 2 large butterflies together and adhered the bottom one directly to the cardstock.  The top butterfly I folded back the wings abit to add dimension to it and to make the wings flutter.  I added my 2 small butterflies to the left of the large one and added the second half of the one cut in half, below the large butterfly.  I normally always add things in odd numbers ie. 1,3,5 etc so wouldn't usually add 4 butterflies but I quite liked it with them.


I know I've said it before, but I love how that when they design their products and new stamp sets at Visible Image, they ensure that everything works together.  Whether that be products from just the previous release or even older...they all go so perfectly together and that is one of the things I love about them.  

I hope that you have enjoyed my post today and that it has helped to inspire you somewhat.  Thank you all so much for stopping by today and I hope you find some time to sit down and create something!   Thank you again and until next time,








Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature