Handmade with Love

19 April 2023

Springtime - Daffodil Mixed Media


Hi friends and welcome back!  Today I have a card using the Golden Daffodils Stamp Set, which features a beautiful daffodil collage image from Visible Image. You can find everything Visible Image by clickng here, including the latest release.  Let`s get started, shall we!


In the daffodil collage image there is some script at the bottom of the flower on either side of it.  To start I placed the stamp on an acrylic block with only the script on the side of the image and stamped it using a waterproof ink and stamped the image on the side of a piece of watercolour paper.  I repeated this but switched the side of the stamp and stamped it on the opposite side of the paper.  Any ink that I got on the rest of the image I simply wiped off using a cotton bud.


I added another small background image from the Grunge Tones Stamp Set and used the Renaissance Stencil to add some texture to it with some texture paste.  I realized I had gone too far up on the paper with the texture paste, so while it was still a bit soft I scraped some of it off using a palette knife.  This allowed me to stamp the entire image without too much of the paste interfering with the image and it also added a bit more texture to it.


I used a few different colours of pigment powders, in shades of yellow and green.  I added the colour in layers, starting light and then added more as each layer dried.  Once that was all dry I added some Gilded Foundry Wax over the texture paste. 


I stamped out the sentiment using the same watercolour paper, to keep it looking cohesive and so that the cardstock was the same colour. I then adhered it directly to an A2 sized cardbase and that was it.


I really hope you have enjoyed my post for today.  I always have fun playing with products from Visible Image.  They always open the door to endless creativity!  Thank you so very much for stopping by today and I hope that I have helped to inspire you in some way. 

I wish you all the most wonderful and creative day.  Until next time,






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature