Handmade with Love

05 April 2023

I Appreciate You

 


Hi friends....I hope you`ve all been well.  Have you seen that there is a big Easter sale going on over at Visible Image?  There are some pretty awesome deals!  For my project today I used the A Friend Like You stamp set from the Friendships Stamp Duo.  I love how fun this flower image is!



To start I stamped the floral image 3 times at varying heights and overlapping one another to make a sort of cluster of flowers.  I added black embossing powder to each flower after it was stamped so I was able to see clearly where image was exactly.  Once they were all added I heat embossed the images.


I used 5 different pigment powders and added colour to each flower, adding it very loosely.  I combined several colours on each flower.  I added the colours in layers, starting off light and went a bit darker with each layer.  I did use different colours for each, although with the final result they look the same.


When I did the heat embossing I got some flecks of the black embossing on my watercolour paper.  To fix this and kind of hide the flecks and help them to blend in, I added some flecks of black gouache paint.  It solved the problem perfectly and you really have no idea they are there lol.  I added the black flecks over the right side of the panel where the flowers are, as I wanted to keep it all concentrated on that side.


For the sentiment I wanted to break it up, as it was too long for the blank space beside the flowers.  I used a piece of post it tape to cover up part of the sentiment while I inked up the first part of it.  Be sure to remove the tape before you take the stamp to the paper or you will get a blob of black ink and I don`t think we want that to happen.  I reapplied a new piece of tape to the other part of the sentiment for the second part of it, which I added just below the initial part of the sentiment.  The you part of sentiment unfortunately double stamped, so it is a bit bolder than the rest, but I kind if like how it accentuates the you!


To add a bit more interest to the flowers I added a small cluster of circles from the Grunge Tones Stamp Set and then the small cluster of  ink splats (I am sure there is a better name for them lol) from the Christmas Robin Stamp Set.  I think this is the perfect little cluster of ink splatters...definitely look to your Christmas Stamp sets for more than just the holiday season if you can.  I added a few lines going vertically on the top and bottom corners for a just a wee bit more and then I called it a day.  I popped it up on some craft foam on the cardbase and that was it.


I love how pretty much every single stamp set from Visible Image works with one another....all of the smaller background images are so perfect for layering with the others.  I hope that you have enjoyed my post for today and that leave here feeling a bit inspired.  If  haven`t yet, be sure to hop on over to the Visible Image website and grab yourself some of the amazing deals in the easter sale on right now (see what I did there.....hop on over to the Easter sale lol)


Thank you so much for stopping by today...it is always appreciated!  I wish you all the most wonderful and creative day!  Until next time,




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature