Handmade with Love

14 December 2022

Because.....wine.

 

Wine is always the answer....well almost always.  Today I am sharing 2 cards made using the fabulous 99% Chance of Wine Stamp Set & matching dies from Visible Image.  This such a fun set that would perfect for lots of different occasions or just to send to some girlfriends who are having a bad day or 2.  They also have several other fun beverage related stamp sets too!  Check them out here!


To start I stamped out my images (I actually stamped 2 of the wine glasses, as I was making 3 cards but I only show 2 in the above photo).  These images stamp out beautifully the first time...no need for a second stamping, even though I did use a stamp positioner, just in case.


I used 2 of the background images from Transmission Glitch and Grunge Tones stamp sets along the right side of my cardstock, to add a bit of interest behind my main images.  I used a black ink, but to soften them abit I stamped them off once on a scrap piece of paper before taking them to my cardstock.  This way the black ink wasn`t so harsh.


I added the wine splash in the glass using a dark red ink.  These splashes are so easy to line up in the glasses...foolproof!  I did have to re-stamp the wine bottle image, as one of the splashes overlapped the top of it a bit. I redid the bottle image and coloured it using a mix of red alcohol markers and a dark grey for shading along the edges of the bottle, to darken it up.  They were then all cut out using the co-ordinating dies.


Next I needed to add the wine splashes to my cardstock as well.  I placed my diecut wine glass on the cardstock exactly where I wanted it and lined up the splash element.  I then closed the lid of my stamp positioner and removed my diecut image, this way my image was placed exactly where I wanted it.  I removed the diecut and proceeded to stamp the splash image 2x, to give it a nice deep red colour ( I also stamped it twice initially on the glass too).


To add some more interest to the background, I added several of the smaller images from the stamp set randomly.  I made sure to use the same red ink that I used for the wine slash, to kind of mimic and make it appear as if it is the wine that has left these marks on the cardstock.  I then trimmed down the cardstock 1/4" all around, to leave a bit of a border on the card front.  


I added the sentiments (which are brilliant by the way!) to the left of my images.  To make the glasses seem a bit more real, I added some glossy accents to them to give them that glass like effect.  I allowed that to dry for a few hours, added them to my stamped cardstock, being sure to line up the splashes and added them all to my A2 sized cardbases.  


I really love how these turned out!  My vision was kind of clean and simple, but I veered a tiny bit away from that.  This is such a fun set with sentiments that are just perfect!  We all have a bad day every now and then, and I think these would be great to bring a little humour to a bad day and a little giggle.


Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of your day with me.  I hope that you have enjoyed my project and that you leave inspired in some way.  I wish you all the most wonderful day and that you find a few minutes to sit down and create something magical!  Until next time,




1 comment on "Because.....wine."

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature