Handmade with Love

18 May 2022

Ride the Waves - Visible Image

 

Hi friends!  I'm back today to share a card made using one of the new Summer releases from Visible Image.  I used the Ride the Waves Stamp Set and decided to make kind of a calming scene, using some of the images.  I thought that all it needed was just a simple background to showcase them.
 
 
To begin my card I thought what better medium to use for the water, than some simple and oh so effective watercolour paint.  So for the background I did an ombré wash using 2 different blues (although it shows 3 colours in the photo, I only used 2 of them) concentrating my darker of the 2 at the top of my paper (which would be turned into the bottom of my piece) and then bringing it down to the bottom, adding more water as I went down the watercolour paper.
 
 
Once it was nice and dry I heat embossed the waves using a white embossing powder, because well waves crashing to me just scream out for white and I though it was perfect against the blue water.  I then trimmed down the watercolour panel to 3.75"x5", it gives it a nice white border once mounted onto the cardbase.
 

 I stamped both the sentiment and the surfer silhouette using black ink and cut them both out.  To keep inline with the silhouette look of the image,  I went around the edges of it with a black marker, to hide any of the whited edges that would show.  

I also went around the edges of the panel with a black marker, to give it a bit of a border without adding a layer of black cardstock under it. I also find it a bit more subtle.  It's a trick I learned from one of my fellow design team members and I really love doing this now!

To complete my card, I added the 3 bird images just above and slightly to the right of the surfer.  I used some foam adhesive to adhere both the sentiment and the surfer silhouette to the panel.  And then added it all to my A2 (4.25"x5.5") cardbase using a liquid adhesive. 

I don't really think this scene needs anything else.  Just a surfer doing what he does best...riding the waves!   

I really love how this turned out.  It has a beautiful kind of calming feel to it an it really shows the surfer silhouette perfectly.  I hope that you have enjoyed my project for today....I really enjoyed the creative process (well okay maybe not the fussy cutting of the image, but sometimes you just need to lol).  

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that this has inspired to take a few minutes and create something.

Thank you again for stopping by!  And I wish you all the most wonderful and crafty day,

Supplies used:

*  Kuretake Watercolour paints - Cobalt Blue and Turquoise Green
*  Cansonn XL Watercolour paper
*  Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
*  VersaMark Heat Embossing Ink pad
*  WOW! heat embossing tool
*  Stampendous Embossing Powder Detail White
*  white cardstock and white A2 cardbase 
*  wide paintbrush
*  acrylic stamping block
*  black alcohol marker and black Sharpie
*  foam adhesive and liquid adhesive




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature