Handmade with Love

10 October 2021

Ombré Watercoour Nativity Cards - Maker Forte

 

Hey crafty friends! Today i have 2 cards to share with you, using the Nativity Peace, Hope, Love Stamp Set from Maker Forte. I knew as soon as I saw this beautiful stamp set that the images/sentiments needed nothing more than a beautiful ombré watercolour wash as the background and nothing more...okay well a bit of heat embossing too. I have a video to share with you as well showing how these cards were made. Let's get started, shall we!

  I absolutely this stamp set and how there is a small little nativity/manger scene within each image. And paired with the beautiful script that was used, they are perfect! I wanted to keep these cards rather simple and have all of the focus on the stamp. So I didn't do much more than the watercolour background, some paint splatters (because yo always need splatters) and a bit of heat embossing.


 So when you are doing a watercolour technique such as this, where you are adding layers of water and paint, the quality of the paper makes a HUGE difference. And for that reason you want to try and find a good quality paper that will be able to take alot of water. It will minimize the amount of warping from the water. That is not to say that you need to break the bank to get the best paper out there, but just what your budget allows. I splurged one day on this paper and I love it! But try and experiment and see what works best for you and your budget. 


 I used a 140lb cold pressed paper. One side of it is more textured than the other and for these cards I used the more textured side of it. You can see that come through as well in the heat embossing. I would normally use the smoother side when heat embossing, but this time I chose not to lol. Also looking back I would have done the embossing twice to make it more smooth, but it turned out beautiful just the same. ...who's afraid of a bit of texture.


 If you haven't tried doing a watercolour ombré background yet, what are you waiting for?! It makes for a beautiful card and not much more is needed. It is actually kind of relaxing doing it...kind of therapeutic. I hope that you have enjoyed these more simple cards too and be sure to check out my video. I hope you all have a wonderful day and find some time to sit down and get crafty!

 I hope you all have a wonderful day and find some time to sit down and get crafty!

 

Supplies used:


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature