Handmade with Love

05 October 2021

October Monthly Challenge - Waffle Flower Crafts

Hello crafty friends!  I'm super excited to be joining Waffle Flower Crafts and the always lovely Rachel as a guest designer this week!  They host monthly challenges and I am super excited to be co-hosting week 1 for the month of October!

This month is all about shaker cards and this week in particular is to have 2 or more shaker pockets on your project.  Shaker cards are so much fun to make and even more fun to shake...I absolutely loved this challenge! 

 

For my project I used the Outlined Circle Die not only for the shaker part but also as my background.  I started by cutting the circle die about 8 or 9 times (I lost count after awhile lol) from some white cardstock to use as the layers to build up the shaker.  For the top part I ink blended some Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks on a piece of mixed media paper.  I cut out both the Outlined Circles die as well as 4 circles slightly bigger than the 4 shaker portions using some circle dies, so that they would be big enough to cover the back of them properly so no shaker bits fell out.  I then cut out the same 4 circles using some acetate for my shakers.  



 To assemble it all, I adhered the acetate circles to the back side of the ink blended diecut and then the other 8 diecuts to add the height.  Before I added the diecut ink blended circles to close it all off, I added my shaker bits.  I added iridescent pink and teal confetti and stars and micro-beads to the opposite colour shaker pockets.  I then added the diecut circle to the back to close of the shaker pockets. Now comes the fun part...testing it!  You have to make sure you give it a good shake to make sure no bits fall out.  
 

I then cut out a few more using the same outlined circle die in white cardstock to use as the background.  I played around with them and arranged them so it would appear as if it was all 1 piece and adhered them using some liquid adhesive.  These circles make for a really fun background!  For the sentiment I heat embossed the happy birthday from the Essential Sentiments in black and die-cut it using the co-ordinating die.  I cut out 3 more using plain white cardstock to attach them altogether to give it some added height and then used some glue to attach them.  All that was left was to add it all to my A2 side folding cardbase with some white craft foam and add a few more bits of bling using co-ordinating sequins.

 I had lots of fun with this challenge and creating a fun shaker card!  I really hope that you enjoyed this too and join us in this weeks and months challenge over at the Waffle Flower blog to learn more about this months challenge and have fun!

Come and join us this month and share all of you shaker creations!  Be sure to tag Waffle Flower and use #WFChallnge210 when posting and add them to the online gallery on the challenge blog.  Thank you very month for stopping by and wishing you all a wonderful and crafty day!

Until next time, 
Michelle 💗

 
Supplies Used:




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature