Handmade with Love

10 August 2021

Grateful to You - Maker Forte

 

 
Hey crafty friends! I’m sharing a card today made using the Grateful to You stamp set from Maker Forte. This stamp set features a gorgeous floral designed by Varada Sharma! I’m a sucker for a beautiful floral image and this most certainly does not disappoint.  
 

 For my card I started with the stencilled background. For the background I used one of the 2 circles from the Circle Frames Stencil set, which is a 3 piece of set. It was placed it to the lower right side of a piece of Ultra White Heavy Weight card stock cut to 3.75″ x 5″. I made sure to mask off the all around the outside and inside of the circle and then added some opaque matte texture paste. I set that aside and let it dry for about 1 hour.

While that was drying I stamped the floral image using the Color Hive Eclipse Black Ink on a second piece of Ultra White Heavy Weight card stock. For the flowers I wanted to keep it somewhat soft, so I used a palette of light pinks, blue/teal and a warm grey using my Copic markers and then cut it out using my Scan N Cut. To add a bit of sparkle to the centre of the little pink flowers, I dipped one of the Micro Brush Applicators into the Color Hive Clear Embossing Brush Bottle and then dabbed a bit of the ink on each of the flower centers. I sprinkled on a light pink embossing glitter to each center, heated them and set it aside.

Once my stencilling was dry I added some black splatters because everything NEEDS some black splatters lol. Next came the scary part. I went back and forth over where and how to place the floral image, but then had the idea to cut it in half. Trust me…I was so scared as I was cutting it, for fear that I wouldn’t look nice and I’d have to do it all over again. But I am happy to say it all worked out….phew! The image was then popped up using some foam adhesive and added them on either side of the card stock.

For my sentiment I turned to the Simple Sayings Be Kind. I absolutely love all the different Simple Sayings sentiments! They are so easy to turn to for a quick sentiment and it always seems to have the perfect one! I trimmed it down and ran a black marker along the edge of it. This is because they are printed on white and it hides the white edge and makes it appear as if it is printed on black. It’s a nice little trick! All that was left was to add it to a light grey A2 cardbase and a few ivory sequins. 
And that's it!  This is such a beautiful floral image with so many possibilities, that I am sure I will be turning to it time and time again!  I hope that you have enjoyed my post for today and feel inspired to get crafty!  
Thank you so very much for stopping by and until next time....I hope you all have a wonderful and crafty day!
Until next time,
Michelle 💗
 
Supplies Used:
 
 
 

 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature