Handmade with Love

12 August 2021

Love You - Maker Forte

 

Hey crafty friends!  I've got a card filled with happy rainbow colours today and lots of sparkle...black sparkle!  For my card I used one of the new release stamp sets as well as a fun stencil from Maker Forte and both designed by Alex Syberia.  It is a bit different than her usual gorgeous flowers, but it is filled with lots of fabulous big and bold sentiments.

 I first started with my background.I grabbed one of my new favourite stencils from Maker Forte called Going in Circles.  I started to do some ink blending on a piece of multi media cardstock using 3 of the neon inks...Rah Rah Skirt, Acid Wash and Roller Skates and then a non-neon ink....Yellowstone.  I love that although 3 of then are neons, they blend so nice and softly.  I didn't go all the way to the edges with my blending, as I wanted to keep it a soft transition, but looking back maybe I could have gone a bit further on the top left...but oh well.


Once I had my stencilling done I trimmed it down so that the cardstock measures 3.75" x 5".  I really enjoy having that slightly larger border on cards lately.  For my sentiment I grabbed the Love sentiment from the Love stamp set and placed it in my Misti stamp positioner.  I wanted to use this in case I needed to stamp it several times, as it has a bit more solid surface.  I prepped my cardstock with some anti static powder, as I was going to do some heat embossing.  I stamped it 2x just to be sure using the Color Hive Clear Embossing Ink Pad and then sprinkled on some Black Twinkle embossing powder.  I did get a few little bits of powder elsewhere on it...oopsy.  This embossing glitter is gorgeous...it has a black base with kind of like a silver sparkle!  It really does sparkle and I am here for all of the sparkle!  I did heat emboss it twice as well....just to be sure.  I also did the smaller sub-sentiment You in the same powder.

Once it was all done, I popped it all up on my cardbase using some foam adhesive.  I added a few flat back Bubbles, which have the prettiest iridescence to them ( I thought they'd be perfect with the rainbow colours) to add that little bit more to it.  And that's it!


I love how these go so well.....so fun and a perfect card to tell someone you love them!  Be sure to head don over the Maker Forte shop to see all of the amazing new goodies they have!  So much newness!  I hope you have enjoyed my post for today and feel a wee bit inspired to sit down and get crafty!
 
I am also entering this into challenge #103 over at BastelTraum, as their theme is rainbow colours.

Thank you so much for stopping by and until next time,
Michelle 💗


Supplies Used:

  • Love Stamp Set (Maker Forte)
  •  Going in Circles Stencil (Maker Forte)
  • Color Hive inks - Rah Rah Skirt, Yellowstone, Acid Wash, Roller Skates, Clear Heat Embossing (Maker Forte)
  • multi media cardstock
  • blending brushes
  • anti-static powder
  • Black Twinkle Embossing Glitter (WOW Embossing)
  • Iridescent Bubbles (Little Things from Lucy's Cards)
  • Nuvo Deluxe Liquid Adhesive
  • foam adhesive

 



2 comments on "Love You - Maker Forte"
  1. Oh, how great card, Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.
    Hugs and good luck
    Ute Berger
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind words :)

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature