Handmade with Love

12 June 2021

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful - Maker Forte

 


Hi crafty friends...I'm sharing a floral slimline card with you today.  I'm a sucker for a beautiful floral and this one doesn't disappoint!  This is a gorgeous large floral made to fit a slimline card perfectly. When it comes to cards, I usually just stay in my comfort zone of the usual A2 size, I don't make alot of slimline cards.  I have 2 mediocre excuses reasons why....#1, I find them harder to photograph and #2, they use up too much of my precious paper lol.. But I had no excuse not to make one when I received this set!

 
To start I stamped the image on a piece of watercolour paper and heat embossed it in black. Recently I have been loving some pigment powders that I received, so I used those to colour my image. I picked out 2 different colours...a beautiful magenta and a goldish-yellow colour. They both have gold in them, so they leave a gorgeous metallic sheen and I do love a bit of gold! To colour them I added water to my images first and used a paintbrush to pick up the powder and then added them to the water. I wanted to have a bit of a lose and messy watercolour look, so I let some of the colour bleed outside the lines.  Once that was all dry I added some flecks of black and gold using a watercolour paint.
 
For the sentiment I used this bold one from Love & Courage...this stamp set has some amazing sentiments! I decided to heat emboss it in black on some vellum...I love how that looks with the floral! For the background paper I grabbed one of the diagonal striped papers from the Back to Basics Slimline paper Pack. Although all of the papers in this pack are foilable, I decided to leave it black and white. It kind of pulled together the black embossing and black flecks. 

To finish it off, I adhered my watercolour piece to the black and white paper with some glue. For the vellum it can be tricky with adheisves, but I just added the glue under the bolder letters...problem solved! I used some foam squares to pop it all up on my cardbase and finished it with some gold pearls. And there you have it...a fairly easy and if I may so say so myself, a beautiful floral slimline card!

I love how this all came together.....this is a gorgeous floral that lends itself to many different colouring mediums and I think the vellum is perfect, as it still allows the flowers to peek through. These black and white foilable papers from Maker For are just perfect...they just go with everything!

Thank you so very much for stopping by. I hope you all have the most wonderful day and find a bit of time to get crafty! Remember to always be your own kind of beautiful! 

Until next time,
Michelle 💗


Supplies used:
* Lindy's Gang Magical Shakers - California Poppy Gold and Magenta Magnolia Gold
* Canson XL Watercolor Paper 
* Stampin' Up! Black Embossing Powder
* small paint brush
* Gansai Tambi black and gold watercolour paint
* heavy weight vellum
* Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature