Handmade with Love

22 February 2023

Wherever I lay my cat

 



Hey friends....any other cat lovers out there???  Today I am back sharing more from the February release from Visible Image.  How fabulous are these cats!  Anyone that knows me, knows that I love cats and my 2 fur babies especially, so this set was definitely a must for me!  I decided to go kind of more simple with this and show off these fabulous images.



To start I cut a piece of hot pressed watercolour paper to approx. 6x6 and stamped the images randomly.  I used a hot pressed watercolour paper because as it has a smooth surface for getting crisp stamped images.  I used Onyx Black Versafine Ink, as it is waterproof, so it`s perfect for my project today.


Next I got out my paint palette that had some dried up pigment powder and brought them back to life by adding water to them.....although don`t ask me what the colours are though lol.  On some I added a first layer of colour and then went back in with a second colour, not bothering to blend them.  Some I added both colours together, again not blending them, as I wanted to see the difference of the 2 colours.  


I also added the colours a bit more loosely.  I didn`t go right to the edges on all the images and I also didn`t mind if I went out of the lines.  Yeah I know...that goes against all that we`ve been told as kids to colour within the lines , but art truly has no rules or boundaries.   I wasn`t aiming for perfection and I that it works really well with the images.  

I wanted to add a bit more to it, but I didn`t want to distract or cover too much of the images.  I took the Supernova Stencil and added a small detail to opposite sides of it by using some transparent gloss texture paste.  I`m not sure if it ruined it or not, but the effect is really quite subtle.  


I picked the sentiment from the same set and stamped it 2x...just in case.  I trimmed down the main panel to 3.75x5" and trimmed down the sentiment as well.  I added it all to a white cardbase using some foam tape.  


For it being more on the simple side, I really like how this turned out!  I really love how the colours blended together, even if they are colours that wouldn`t typically be complimentary.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope that I have helped to inspire you in some way.  I hope you all have the most wonderful and creative day.  Until next time,



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature