Handmade with Love

08 September 2021

Autumn You Know - Maker Forte and Pigment Powders

 

Hey crafty friends!  I'm back sharing a very colourful Autumn card.  I was inspired by the beautiful colours of the changing leaves back home in Canada in the Fall.  They truly are a gorgeous thing to see if you haven't ever....that's one of the things I miss about back home, so I thought that I would try to recreate them or try my very best to.  When I saw the new Falling for You stamp set designed by Jess Francisco, which is part of the Falling Into Fall New Release over at Maker Fort, I knew it would be perfect!
 
I started by taking a piece of watercolour paper cut to 4"x5.25" and added some Transparent Gloss Texture Paste from Ranger using the Hex Code Slimline Stencil. As usual I made sure not to apply the paste over the entire piece of watercolour paper, as I love the imperfect look of it. I then set that aside to dry for about an hour.
 
While I was waiting for the texture paste to dry, I stamped and heat embossed 4 of the big leaves in the Falling for You stamp set using the ColorHive Clear Embossing Ink and added gold embossing powder to them. Although I stamped 4 of the leaves, I only used 3 of them. I like to have an extra in case one of them doesn't turn out that nice, that way I have a back-up.
 
For the leaves I sprinkled on different pigment powders and spritzed them with water and let the colours move and blend on their own. I allowed them to dry and then fussy cut them out. Once my texture paste was dry I added some of the same powders and spritzed it with water and allowed them to blend and dry (I did cheat a bit and used my heat gun a bit in the end, bc I'm impatient lol). Once it was all dry I trimmed it down a bit more so that it measured 3.75"x5".  


The leaves were added using liquid adhesive and foam squares, as well as the sentiment. I love the punniness (is that word???) of the main sentiment. The main and sub-sentiment were heat embossed using the ColorHive Clear Embossing Ink and the same gold embossing powder as the leaves. It was then added to the inside using liquid adhesive on a light grey A2 cardbase. I finished it off with a few iridescent bubbles.
 
 
And that's it! I really love how this card came out! You can never be sure with these powders how it will look in the end, especially with adding so many different colours, but I love how it looks! And I really love the grungy look of the background! The Hex Code stencil is so fun and the Falling for You stamp set has so many more fantastic images, that it will be sure to be used again and again!
 
Thank you so very much for stopping by today and I  hope you have the most wonderful, crafty and creative day!  
Until next time, Michelle 💗


Supplies Used:
  • Falling for You stamp set (Maker Forte)
  • Hex Code Slimline Stencil (Maker Forte) 
  • Color Hive Clear Embossing Ink Pad
  • Transparent Gloss Texture Paste (Ranger)
  • WOW Embossing Powder - Metallic Gold Rich Pale
  • anti static powder tool
  • Lindy's Gang Magical Shaker pigment powders
  • spray bottle 
  • WOW Embossing heat tool
  • watercolour paper
  • light grey A2 top folding card base
  • foam adheisve
  • Art Glitter liquid adhesive

 


 
3 comments on "Autumn You Know - Maker Forte and Pigment Powders"
  1. Wow. What a unique card. It looks like stained glass and magic! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Jessica! This card was lots of fun to make! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love in Ontario, Canada and understand what you mean about the gorgeous Fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature